- you’re planning a vacation,
- you’re planning a vacation and, during that, want to take photos,
- you’re planning a vacation, want to take photos but not with a smartphone,
- you’re planning a vacation, want to take photos with a not-smartphone camera in the water,
- you’re planning a vacation, want to let your child play around with your waterproof camera,
- you’re not having any vacation plans but want to have a reliable camera with a cool design,
the Nikon Coolpix W100 is made for you.
“Your bestie for fun and reliability” (the official website really says that!) is equipped with 13.2 megapixels, 3x optical zoom, a 2.7” LCD and Full HD video recording. The W100 is waterproof down to 10m (33ft), freezeproof down to -10°C (14°F) and shockproof to a drop of 1.8m (5.9ft).
So compared to the S33, only the latter has advanced a bit. The real new and cool features are hidden in the software which speaks directly to social media fans and kids. The camera allows users to add effects, frames, cartoons and stamps. And thanks to Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and NFC capability, all creations can be shared directly online via Nikon Snap Bridge.
Best of all (and that’s absolutely my personal opinion) the Nikon Coolpix W100 offers some cool colour variations though, sadly, the marine-motif design won’t be available in all regions.
Pricing in the US has not yet been announced, in Europe the price is set at 170€.